Do you want a fulfilling and rewarding career that helps hundreds of adults with developmental disabilities and their families? We look for people who want to make a difference in the lives of the people we support.
Ottawa-Carleton Lifeskills (OCL) employs full time, part time and casual staff and recruits for positions of Residential Counsellor, Lifeskills Instructor, Home Sharer, in addition to a small number of administrative and management positions.
- Minimum of two years Post Secondary Education in Developmental/Social Services or equivalent experience.
- Clear Police Records Check for the Vulnerable sector
- Valid Driver’s License (Ontario G, G2 or equivalent).
- Proof of an insurable driving record.
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification.
- A health/immunization assessment.
- English (fluent – understand, speak and write).
- Able to do lifts and physical restraints.
- Experience with developmentally disabled individuals preferred.
To support the staff and the individuals we serve, we provide training in:
- First Aid/CPR
- Crisis Training
- Lifts and Transfers
- Medication Administration
- Abuse Prevention Training
Interested in joining our dynamic team? Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Stephanie Box at firstname.lastname@example.org.